Ok, this tag challenge was a toughie. I had to re-live back to the horrible times where the products I chose to forget are coming back again for the sole purpose of this little game. The first two or three items are a no brainer. They have left me scarred for life (figuratively and literally). So here are some products, I thought were a complete waste of money.
- Napoleon Perdis (Auto Pilot Primer, Foundation Stick, Camera Finish Foundation, g19 brush ($45), brush cleaner) - Yes, I know that's four items already, but I choose to all lump them together because after this $200 purchase with NO RETURN, I am livid about this company!!! I swear I hope they close down soon... that's how much hate I have for them. Why you ask? Well, I should have known better. I was a stupid and gullible consumer who got sucked-in their sales pitch. OMG... the sales people there have NO REMORSE or CONSCIENCE either. They made me... currently, 19 at the time, a college student who was making minimum wage buy this makeup so they can have commission of the sale. They'll offer you a "free" makeover... but they make you buy the stuff they used. Anyway, see it would've worked out if their products didn't make me BREAKOUT. I was already breaking out like no tomorrow, and this contributes to the problem even more. So what does a sensible person do when this happens? Return the product. BUT NOOO... THEY DON'T ACCEPT RETURNS. Everything is FINAL SALE. And I guess the person who rung me up forgot about this part when we're doing the transaction. Apparently it was on the receipt. They didn't even have a sign at the store that says this. Doode... you're doing business in California... I don't care if your flagship store is based in Australia, but if you are a big company like you said you guys were, you will ACCEPT returns if they were used once! That's like MAC not accepting returns. UGH... Napoleon Perdis really know how to piss off their customers. So yea, I'm still mad about this cuz I got stuck with $200 worth of products I end up chucking out. Talk about waste of money! Blah so everytime I pass by that store I always try to give those people mean glares and mubble crap about them. Oh and another thing... I don't know what I was thinking when I bought that $45 foundation brush. I could've gotten a better brush with that at MAC. But now, I can't even bring myself to buy a single cosmetic item for that much. Oh and their primer is ridiculously expensive. And it's suppose to be the 2nd best primer in the world. LIESSS ALL LIESS I TELL YOU! Yea I got sucked in that marketing scheme too. And, I checked their website for the brush cleaner, and I guess it was discontinued to cuz it's no longer listed there. Another product that sucks. Geez... I'm really frustrated right now just writing this and reminding how stupid I was (pre-beauty blogging days).
- Bare Escentuals Get Started Kit - Another product that made me breakout. PLEASE DO NOT SLEEP IN THIS. Even though they said it's "so pure, you can sleep on it." It's not! And I noticed that teenagers used this product the most. Uhhh..hello teenagers don't know any better (yet, unless they read beauty blogs heehee) and some of them WILL sleep on it! That's disaster waiting to happen. This product has Bismuth that gives negative reaction to some people. The brushes that comes with the kit sucks too! It's soo itchy and scratchy that it caused micro-tears in my face, hence making my acne problems worse.
- St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish & Blackhead Control - Not a good face scrub. It's like rolling around in the sand. Very harsh and it actually made my pimples bleed when I use this (sorry for the graphics). Didn't really do me anything good.
- Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner - IT STINGS! It doesn't mean it's working. I didn't feel my face clean after using this. Made my face red after use. Why? Because it has alcohol in it. Probably lots of it.
- Covergirl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner - I have racoon eyes 2-hours after I applied it. It smears like crazy. It transfers into pillowcases easily! It never stayed put. Although, I like how black it was... but not enough for me to keep using it.
This was prior to learning about beauty blogs and actually doing research before buying a product. I was pretty much trying everything out when I was breaking out. I was really desperate cuz my acne was getting the best of me. But that wasn't exactly a smart move. Anyway, this iss why I'm so grateful for discovering beauty blogs. I learn to avoid the horrible products before hand and know about the good ones. I wish I knew better before. But, I really learned from it.
And, to continue on to the game, I'm tagging five people:
Vanessa (Nessasarry Makeup)
Ren (Make-up by RenRen)
Liz (My Beauty Spot)
Mae (Mae's Beauty Blog)
And, whoever reads this! Share your must NOT haves!