Aveda Fashion Week Report: Backstage at Jason Wu Spring/Summer 2011
September 10, 2:00pm EST, New York, NY—Aveda lead stylist Odile Gilbert created looping braids and twists finished with a chiffon ‘flower’ using Aveda Smooth Infusion Style-Prep™ Smoother,™ Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray, and Aveda Control Force™ Firm Hold Hair Spray at the Jason Wu Spring/Summer 2011 Fashion Week show in New York.
“The Jason Wu hair look for this season is simple yet sophisticated, with 1970’s inspiration. We’re braiding chiffon—scraps from the collection—into the hair and twisting the ends into a flower. This look captures the happiness and excitement of spring and summer.” –Odile Gilbert for Aveda–Odile Gilbert for Aveda
HOW TO GET THE LOOK:
1. Prep damp hair with Aveda Smooth Infusion™ Style-Prep Smoother™ for smoothness and to tame flyaways. Use a fine-tooth comb to create a strong, clean part on the right side of the head and then blow dry straight using a Mason Pearson brush.
2. Pull hair tightly back and separate into four sections along the nape of the neck. Spray each with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray for shine and flexible hold.
3. Tie a long ribbon or piece of fabric—in a shade close to the hair color—around the top of each section of hair.
4. One section at a time, braid the fabric through the hair and secure at the bottom with an elastic. Leave excess fabric out at the bottom of each braid. Spray each braid liberally with Aveda Control Force™ Firm Hold Hair Spray for ultra-strong hold.
5. Collect all four braids and tie the fabric into one large bow at the end to create a ‘flower.’
6. Pull the fabric ‘flower’ upwards and secure at the nape of the neck with hair pins, creating beautiful braided loops stemming from the flower. Finish the look with Aveda Control Force™ Firm Hold Hair Spray.
AVEDA PRODUCTS USED
Aveda Smooth Infusion Style-Prep Smoother™
Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray
Aveda Control Force™ Firm Hold Hair Spray
I just love how delicate and feminine this hairstyle looks and easy to do!