As you may have known, I took a break from blogging for some time. I decided to finally pick it up again this year. Although it has been challenge balancing a full-time job, being a "mommy" to the cutest little puppy in the world, and my social life, it has been a rewarding journey as I've formed friendship with amazing ladies and I have learned something in the process not just about makeup and beauty, but about myself.
First of all, I'm really grateful for all the ladies I've met and who has inspired me to keep this blog alive. First and foremost, I'd like to thank Vanessa (NessasaryMakeup) for even getting me into blogging three years ago. She was the older sister that I never had but wanted. Whether it'd be a trip to the MAC store or taking a trip to Vegas for makeup trade show, it was always good times with her. I'm really glad that she's back into the swing of things again!
And here are some other beauty babes I'd like extend my gratitude to for being a major part of my life this year. Also, don't forget to check them out!:
- Jill (JillianDanica) - Love all our GTalk chats about beauty stuff and everything else in between. Not to mention for keeping me sane and helping me get through the day almost everyday. She knows her ish and she recommends the best stuff whether it'd be makeup or places to eat.
- Yumeko (BittenBefore) - I always miss you and Twitter, but thank you for always being a sweetheart! I live through her blog vicariously when it comes to Japanese goodies. Thank you for sharing a part of your life with the rest of us. Hopefully, I can visit you in Japan one day or you can visit us down here in California. Whatever works :).
- Jarmaine (JLovesMAC1) -Thank you for convincing me to get into YouTube more and thank you for everything that you've done. You've inspired me a millions ways and keep on going with what I love doing the most. I wish I had met you sooner especially when we were still living in the same teeny town. More adventures awaits us in 2011, especially three months from now ;).
- Heart (ThatsHeart) - Thank you for always being positive and inspiring! I love how your energy is so contagious! I'm glad you've finally joined the beauty community on YouTube. I'm so glad to really have met you this year at the Beautylish event. You walked in my life at the right time and you've really helped me change my outlook on life and other people. Anyway, more double dates in 2011 :D.
- Elle (elleandish) - My fellow homeowner and personal finance/beauty/fashion blogger all-in-one. I'd have Stephie to thank for stumbling upon your blog! I can't wait to see more home decor posts from you, not to mention talking about the joys of finding bargain stuff for your home... as well as the trials and tribulations of home ownership.
- Jackie (JackJaaack) - You're the sweetest girl in the world, like ever! I'm glad to have met you at the Beautylish event as well. Great things are ahead of you, and congratulations for becoming partner this year! Anyway, visit us down here more! I wish you lived closer, but tell your mom I said 'Hi!'
And, thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who has supported this blog. I can't thank everyone enough for always coming back to read what I have to say, especially the ones who takes the time to leave me comments.You guys are super awesome!
Blogging is definitely consists hard-work, sometimes sleepless nights, and breaking out of your shell. I've had this blog since 2007, but it's always been a learning process for me. It has also been a great tool for me to document my progress as well as share it to everyone all around the world (city to city... get it?... ???). Blogging and now joining the Youtube community more actively, I'm pursuing of the dream of one day working in the beauty industry one day. Since attending school at the moment is not an option, I'm putting in the effort to learn on my own and from others. This year, 2010, have taught me great things, both good and bad that I'm going to take with me in order to better myself. Better time management, more hardwork, not taking things for granted, and to strive to achieve what you love doing the most... regardless of what other people have to say about it.
As I reflect back to this year, the one thing that I truly learned out of this is people will always try to bring you down to the ground. Sticks and stones. It's up to you how you'd take that negative feedback. You can either have it affect and break you to pieces or use it to fuel your passion to do better at what you do. I've really learned not to be overly sensitive, but take what they say into consideration (who knows, maybe they're just not the best at wording things nicely). Yes, it took me awhile to learn this concept because it's easier said than done. But I've realized that it's the price you pay for exposing yourself out in the public. There will always some sort of scrutiny with what you do. You really just have to learn how to take the heat and not let it phase you. However, 90 percent of the time, you get more love than hate from other people which makes all the bad things almost minute. This really might come off as a big bag of cheese balls and fluff, but this is the best thing I've learned this whole year. Your self-esteem plays a great role, and nothing is sexier than having confidence.
Few more hours and we'll be ringing into the new year and another new beginning. I'm not going to list my resolutions for 2011. Writing them down is almost pointless. For next year, I'll just do, do, do and ease up on the say, say, say. I'd rather have it show it in my actions than say I'm going to do one thing and it's nothing but an empty promise. One thing for sure is I'm going to strive better and just work towards my goals and become better as a person.
I hope everyone has a safe and happy new year. Cheers to us and to the great things that lies ahead.
And since this is a beauty blog, I'm going to leave you with some videos that I've posted on YouTube for the past week in case you haven't checked them out in case you're still deciding your look for tonight. Don't forget to subscribe to my channel if you haven't for more videos.