Monday, July 22, 2013
Insta-Recap | July 8 to 22, 2013
I know this sounds cliche, but I can't believe how time flew by so fast. We're already in the middle of summer and one thing you know, it's Christmas already!
So here's my Instagram recap for the past two weeks in case you missed it. Don't forget to follow me for more real-time updates and more pictures of my cute pup, Lionel Bean: @yummiebitez.
1. Sleeping beauty. Lionel's idea of a Sunday funday. It's so funny how he likes to sleep on his back. Sometimes I'd catch him snoring too. He thinks he's peoples. And I just realized that I'm posting this picture again. Oops.
2. Happy Birthday! The little booger turned three years old this month!. It seemed like yesterday when I was just taking him home for the first time. I never thought how much Lionel would change my life, and I'm always thankful for having a him despite his naughtiness. I wouldn't trade him for the world. Anyway, he wasn't to happy about wearing his birthday hat.
3. Chanel + Harper Bazaar. Met up with my loves, Heart and Sophia at the Chanel + Harper Bazaar event at Neiman Marcus in Beverly Hills. And it was only proper that I take my new boy (bag) out to the event.
4. #Selfie.When stuck in traffic, take a selfie. Wearing: H&M glasses (similar), Brixton hat c/o Karmaloop, Vest c/o YMI Jeans.
5. Cafe Crepe. I looove my desserts. Took an afternoon break and enjoyed some crepes for an afternoon snack after a long day in Santa Monica. I ordered the caramel cajeta (milk caramel cream) crepes with bananas and nutella and hot chocolate to wash it down. The caramel had a hint of goat milk in it. It was like goat cheese in caramel form or something.
6. DIY: Hanging Hat Organizer. Have you seen my latest DIY video? If you haven't, please make sure to check it out! I needed a way to organize my growing hat collection. And, what better way to solve this problem by having a DIY tutorial for a solution. Watch the video to find out how I made it.
7. Flavor of the month. My current favorite ice cream flavor, America's Birthday Cake from Baskin Robbins. It tastes like a party in my mouth.
8. Mr. Coffee. After celebrating my friend's birthday at a Korean BBQ restaurant, Holly suggested to check out this place for their crepes. Specifically, their strawberry crepe. And ermahgerd, it was so delicious! The strawberry ice cream tasted like strawberry Pocky sticks! My mind was blown. Click here for my Yelp review on this joint.
9. DineLA Round 1. My boyfriend and I haven't been taking advantage of dineLA compared to last year. We went to Industriel in Downtown LA to kick off the event (yes, dineLA is an event for us). I was pretty disappointed with the menu overall, but the decor was very posh and romantic. You can read my Yelp review here to see how I really felt about the food.
10. Cheese rolls. Can't leave Burbank without making a pit-stop at Porto's bakery. As my friend mentioned, it's a wasted trip if you don't leave without a box of cheese rolls. I also picked up their Cubano sandwich for a late lunch.
12. Cake, cake, cake. Celebrated my friend Karen's birthday over the weekend in West Hollywood.
13. Wild for the night. How my friend, Heart, and I spent our Saturday night. It was out of control. Lionel wanted to be in the mix (as seen in the picture). We had a night-in and worked on some DIY project after being inspired after our quick trip to the mall. We also rented some Tagalog movies to watch. This is pretty much our ritual when we sleep over each others houses. All we really do is eat, talk, watch a movie, and eat some more. It still hasn't gotten old.
14. Take a Bao. Had a late lunch at Take a Bao in Studio City. I was overall pretty disappointed with the service and food. Their bao was pretty mediocre, and I didn't enjoy it at all. They're also pretty pricey for what they are. I've had better luck with my short rib bibimbap, but the service was just really lacking. My experience at this place really didn't reflect the high ratings they have on Yelp. Not sure what's going on there.
15. My precious. How can one say no to this face? Sometimes I wonder if Lionel is real.
16. Blue Cow Kitchen & Bar. Our dessert from their dineLA menu. For a chocolate dessert (not really a fan of chocolate... yes, shocking), this one blew my mind. Blue Cow is one of my favorite restaurants in downtown LA, and their dineLA menu was pretty solid. If you're still trying to figure out which restaurant to try for dineLA, I highly recommend this place. Their prix fixe menu is only $25 and this gives you a three delicious course meal. Read my review on their dineLA menu here.
And that's it for my recap. Sorry if I had made you hungry with all my food posts. Speaking of food, if you'd like to see reviews on some of the places I've been to, check out my Yelp profile! I'd also love it if you have any places you'd like to suggest for me to try.