So I just realized that my last Instagram recap was back in May. Ooops? I'm going to try harder from now on to keep up with the schedule no matter how busy life gets! I like doing these recaps because I can insert additional information that I didn't get to include and any helpful links related to the post.
I hope you all had a nice 4th of July weekend and didn't forget to add me to your BlogLovin' list. I had a really super busy start last week since it was our month-end and quarter close (life of a financial planner). And with only three work-days last week, it was pretty chaotic trying to get all my reports out. But, I managed and took advantage of our four day weekend afterwards. It was such a treat after a stressful and busy week. Last weekend was just what I needed.
Anyway, on to the recap...
1. My latest Youtube video went live last week. Watch my Summer Accessories Haul video here. See what I've been shopping for lately when it comes to accessories for this summer season. I've been mainly gearing towards neon or bright colored accessories. Not to mention, I'm pretty much trying to grow my hat collection as it become my latest obssesion.
2. Easy, lazy dinner. The sample guy at Costco somehow convinced me to buy three bags of three-pack foccacia bread. So I'm not eating the same bread all the time, I simply add my own toppings on top of it, pop it in my toaster over, and make a pizza out of it. Super easy and delicious especially for people who are time constrained. Beats eating a TV dinner all the time.
3. Lionel and I on our beach-view balcony for 4th of July. My boyfriend planned a mini staycation in Huntington Beach for 4th of July. He booked us a room at Shorebreak Hotel with a full view of the pier and the beach so we could watch the fireworks in our room. We definitely had the best seats! Lionel was not too excited about the fireworks though. So he ended up staying in the bathroom for the duration fireworks display. But, this was the first hotel I've stayed at that was pet-friendly. So it was really nice that I was able to take Lionel with us. Aside from the hotel being a few steps away from the beach, it also had awesome restaurants to choose from that are only a few blocks away (favorites: North Shore Poke, 25 Degrees, Zimzala, and Bruxie).
4. Heading back home. Car ride back home to LA! Caught Lionel at a good time for this picture. How cute is he with his little tongue sticking out? Wearing my current favorite sunglasses from ASOS.
5. Accessories snapshot. ASOS sunglasses, Vanessa Mooney Priscilla bracelet, MintBarry wrap bracelet, OPI nailpolish in #17delete, and Balenciaga bag.
6. What I wore for: the Nasty Gal x Unif No Bummer Summer Party at The Standard Hotel in DTLA. Got to the party pretty late, so it was pretty chilly up on the rooftop. Nonetheless, good beats, good company, and awesome view of the DTLA skyscrapers. Wearing my new wide brim "Carmen San Diego" hat from Karmaloop (similar here).
7. Great company. It was a no bummer hanging out with these cutie pies. It was nice too see these faces again.
8. Cafe Dulce in Little Tokyo. I always make a stop here when I'm in Little Tokyo. I usually get the Green Tea donut, but I decided to switch it up and try the Green Tea Roti (the guy described it as a Malaysian sweet bread). But, I never stray away from getting their Hong Kong Style Milk Tea, although I totally wouldn't recommend their milk tea if you don't like super sweet drinks.I think that's why it's my favorite :). Accessories: ASOS Sunglasses and Vanessa Mooney Bracelet.
9. Summer brights. Quick shot of my outfit on Saturday. We had to make an unexpected stop at Home Depot which made me too overdressed for the place. Entertained myself by walking down the aisles to check out what Home Depot has to offer for my next DIY project. Wearing: H&M top (reminds me of the colorful and playful prints from Clover Canyon), Vanessa Mooney bracelet, Wren and Glory and Urban Outfitters rings, Zara sandals, and Olivia + Joy bag (in citrus or black).
10. Sunday Funday. This is what Sundays are for a day of rest and Lionel made sure of that.
And that's it folks! Don't forget to follow me on my other social media linked down below!