- Wash face with Philosophy Purity cleanser with WARM water to clean and rinsing it off with COLD water to close the pores. I cannot stop raving about this cleanser. It removes makeup and cleanses your face. This has definitely helped me with my previous acne problems with continuous usage. My skin has gotten a lot better after using this product!!
- Using a cotton pad, apply Nivea Visage Moisturizing Toner to refresh and moisten my skin. This is my HG toner. I've used Neutrogena in the past, both Alcohol-Free and the Pore Minimizing toner, and even the Mario Badescu Cucumber lotion after reading MUA reviews. But nothing tops Nivea! It's really gentle on my skin, and it doesn't sting when applied to your face unlike the previous toners mentioned. Nivea toner really freshens up your face and also help moisturize because it has chamomile and aloe in it. Also it's alcohol-free!!! No stingy feeling.
- Depending on my mood, I use my Philosophy When Hope is Not Enough face serum. Let it dry for a few minutes, I just really pretty much use this because it was in the kit. But I did definitely saw improvements after using this. Also improved the condition of my skin and shrunk my pores.
- then, apply Philosophy Hope in a Tube eye firming cream under my eyes.
- Moisturize with Philosophy Hope in a Jar. It does the job. I'm not sure if it's my HG moisturizer, but for sure I know it doesn't break me out, so that's all that matters. However, it really keeps my face moisturized since I tend to be dry on certain areas on my face.
- Apply sunscreen. I use Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion for Face and Body. This moisturizer is a lot thinner than its cream counter part which is pretty thick. I love this sunscreen. It's very light and it dries on quickly. Only problem with it is the price. $40 a pop for a bottle of this sunscreen. It's all worth it for me though.
- Then I take my blow dryer, set it on high, COLD setting to dry my moisturizer. This will allow your moisturizer set in faster, and I've also read that this helps in the long run in looking younger :]
- If I'm not in a hurry, I buff my foundation on. I use Everyday Minerals in Buttered Tan in Semi-Matte. Love this foundation. You can barely tell I have anything on my face. Definitely not cakey and it gives me an even looking skin.
- Clean face with warm water and Purity Cleanser. Rinse with cold water to close pores
- Using a cotton pad, apply Nivea Visage Moisturizing Toner.
- Apply Ly-Na Pearl Face Cream. This is my nighttime cream. Since I couldn't find Top-Gel anywhere in the Asian markets here in the valley, I had to settle for this one instead. Packaging is probably worse than the Top-Gel, and it still has that old lady smell (but it's tolerable), but it has really lighten the dark acne scarring that ScarZone didn't some how lighten after it stopped working on me. It definitely evened out my skintone too. I would say the pearl cream I got is better since I never experience any drying or peeling on my face. However, the cream is not creamy in texture and I kinda have to dilute it a little by adding a drop of toner with it, so it wouldn't apply too thickly on my face. I only use it at night since it leaves a white cast on your face. I've been using this product for two weeks now, every night.
Mask: I use Milk of Magnesia. Yes, the laxative. It has really helped controlling the oil on my face, helped with shrinking my pores, and minimized my acne breakouts . I leave it on for about 20 minutes after washing my face, and then rinse.
Exfoliant: Honey and sugar mixture (1:4 ratio). Well, I just pretty much estimate, but you definitely do not want too much sugar in the mix because it will become too harsh on your skin. I let the mixture sit on my face for awhile as a mask before I actually exfoliate my skin. However, I make sure that I wet my hands first, and in circular motions rub my face with my fingers gently. Since it's a bit watered, it'll make the honey less sticky which makes it easier to rub your face genlty. I use this instead of the popular aspirin mask because it's less drying on my face, yet it still does the job. My skin is glowy and smooth after.
Eye Makeup Remover: Lancome Bi-Facil. I only use this when I lined my waterline with pencil and my Purity cleanser didn't quite get it out.
So there you have it. That's how I take care of my skin for those who asked. Remember, it's important to stay consistent and following your own routine religiously however you do it. It won't work if you keep slacking off every other day by sleeping with your makeup on! Big NO NO. But I'm sure ya'll know that by now :]