Halloween is fast approaching! And since this year, it's in the middle of the week, you probably have a Halloween party to attend to this weekend. If you're still looking for a last minute Halloween costume, here's a possible idea for you just in case you don't want to spend a fortune on your costume.
Click after to jump to find out how I recreated Selina Kyle's alter ego, the Catwoman, from the movie The Dark Knight Rises. With a few items from your closet and art supplies, you'll have your costume this year in no time!
Every Halloween, I try to make my costumes every year. And this is probably the easiest costume I've ever made for Halloween. Two years ago, I went as Katy Perry (see my costume here), and it was the most labor intensive costume ever (albeit cute and original at the time). But this year, I decided to go easy on myself as well as utilize what I have in my closet.
I've provided a template below for her mask. It took me about an hour to two hours to do the mask. It really depends on how fast you can stitch :).
Watch my tutorial here:
What I used:
- Felt cloths, one plain and on embossed (I found the embossed felt cloth at Michael's)
- Glue (optional)
- Black garter
- Mask template (click on the image below, save the file on your folder or desktop, and print):
**Please let me know if the template has been resized. I drew the template on a 8 x 11 grid paper and just scanned it.
- Black long sleeves turtle neck
- Liquid leggings (or regular black leggings)
- Wide belt
- Urban Decay Naked Foundation in Shade 6.0
- L'Oreal True Match Powder Foundation in W4
- NARS in "Orgasm" blush
- Brows: Urban Decay in "Buck" eyeshadow
- Lids: Urban Decay in "Hustle" eyeshadow
- Highlight: Urban Decay in "Virgin" eyeshadow
- DollyWink liquid eyeliner pen
- Maybelline The Falsies Mascara Volum' Express
- NYX Cosmetics Fabulous Lashes in EL132
- NYX Cosmetics lipliner in "Hot Red"
- Wet N Wild lipstick in "Stoplight Red"
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial! Tweet me or tag me on Instagram (@yummiebitez) me if you decided to go as Catwoman this Halloween!
Happy Halloween! Party or Trick or Treat safely!!