Madewell t-shirt / Topshop quilted skirt (similar) / Zara boots (similar) / Wildfox sunglasses / Rebecca Minkoff bag / JewelMint choker / Dogeared necklace
Yesterday was basically Taylor Swift day with her new album release of 1989. I wasn't much a T Swift fan up until recently due to my friend, Crystal. If it wasn't Sam Smith we're listening to, it would be Taylor Swift (or Ed Sheeran). I've enjoyed her music before (listening to her on hits the radio), but I didn't really listen to her albums as a whole.
In preparation for the "We Can Survive" concert that we attended last Friday, I listened to every single album she had (thinking she was closing the show which ended up not happening), and found myself being able to relate to almost every single song. There's no denying that she's an amazing storyteller. Were we friends in the past life, Taylor? You basically laid out the emotions that I felt in your songs.
So yesterday during my lunch break, I picked up her new album, and it's been on repeat since then. As I've mentioned on Instagram, this album is the soundtrack of my life. Let's just say that I could dedicate each song to someone if I have to.
And in case you're wondering which songs are my favorite, read below...
1. Shake It Off - This is by default my all-time favorite in the album because this is basically Crystal's and my anthem (yes, we have a song). Whenever the song is on the radio or Spotify, the other person gets notified. It's one of those things that became an inside joke.
Favorite lyrics: It's like I got this music in my mind saying "it's gonna be alright"
2. Blank Space - It's an ode to the media on how they have painted a picture of her being a serial dater. And this is her sassy response. I also see it as the reality of dating can basically be a ruthless game.
Favorite lyrics: It'll leave you breathless or with a nasty scar...
3. Clean - We always go through this... thinking life is over when someone doesn't want to be a part of your life. Sometimes we get stuck in a bad relationships because we get into this mindset that this is the best we'll ever have. But then you wake up one day and realize that you deserve better. Life isn't over. It always gets better. And that person wasn't all that and a bag of chips anyway. If anything, they were toxic in your life.
Favorite lyrics: Rain came pouring down when I was drowning that's when I could finally breathe / And by morning, gone was any trace of you, I think I am finally clean
4. Style - The beat to this song kinda reminds me of the opening song in "Drive." Makes you want cruise down PCH in a top-down, blasting this song. This song just makes me want to dance.
Favorite lyrics: 'Cause you got that James Dean day dream look in your eye
5. Wildest Dreams - The uncertainty of a new relationship. To hoping that they'll only have great memories of what you both shared if it ever ends so soon.
Favorite lyrics: Say you'll remember me standing in a nice dress staring at the sunset, babe
I don't usually post too much blurbs on my blog lately, but I figured that I might as well share what I thought of Tay Tay's new album because I'm just that excited about it. Which songs are your favorite?