I've been implementing the techniques in her book, as I work on my own clutter. Here are some of the things that I've learned on how to tidy the KonMari way.
Watch the Video:
10 Tips on How to Tidy the KonMari Way
- Visualize the 'Why?'
- Make it an event
- Focus on one category
- Take it out and hold it
- Ask 'Does It Spark Joy?'
- Think of the purpose it has served
- Avoid putting things back
- Assign a home
- Don't get your friends and family involved
- Say 'Thank You!'
Download PDF checklist here
On the comments below, please share your answer for one of the questions below. I'd love to hear what you think!
- What would you do with the extra time and space in your life?
- What's the one valuable tip you've learned while decluttering that you'd pass on to someone?